Valentines Day is only days away.
If there is one thing that us Irish have been blessed with is a way with words... and none so more than when we talk about that elusive little thing called love.
Last week we told you about Ireland's connection to Saint Valentine and this week we thought you might to like to read a selection of some of our favorite Irish love sayings.
- "Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead." Oscar Wilde
- "It is easy to halve the potato where there is love." Irish Proverb
- "There are two tragedies in life. One is not to get your heart's desire. The other is to get it." George Bernard Shaw
- "Love loves to love love." James Joyce
- "Woe to him who does not have the counsel of a good wife." Irish Proverb.
- "A soul mate is someone who understands you like no other, loves you like no other, will be there for you forever, no matter what. They say that nothing lasts forever, but I am a firm believer in the fact that for some, love lives on even after we're gone.” Celia Ahern, Ps. I love You.
- "If you do not love me, I shall not be loved, If I do not love you, I shall not love." Samuel Beckett
- "Laugh as much as you breadth, Love as much as you live" Irish Proverb
- “I have spread my dreams under your feet. Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.” W.B.Yeats
- "If you want praise, die; if you want complaints, marry" Irish Proverb
- "Inebriation's of love, shadows of love, fantasies of love, but never yet the one true love" Edna O'Brien
- "To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." Oscar Wilde
- "There is no cure for love than marriage" Irish Proverb
If you are still looking for the perfect Valentines Day Gift, why not choose an unique gift from Ireland. We stock a variety of Donegal Tweed clothing, Aran Sweaters, and Celtic Jewelry, guaranteed to make the one you love happy this Valentines Day, 2016.